I’m going to share with you something really powerful that you can use no matter where you are and no matter how you’re feeling to go from feeling down to super happy. But first, a story.
Yesterday I woke up in a funk. I was able to find something wrong with everything. My room wasn’t clean enough. I had a sinus headache, my alarm woke me up too early, the cat shit on the floor, I couldn’t focus in my meditation, I couldn’t find my clothes, my clothes just weren’t pretty enough….oh my goodness I could go on and on. And to be honest, the old me (let’s call it pre-spiritual awakening PSA) would have been very content with finding fault for the rest of the day. But new me, alive and awakened me knew better.
How can I take my negative and make it positive?
If you’re trying to manifest all of the amazingness that you came here to manifest this should be a question you ask yourself regularly.
I asked myself that question and I forced myself to come up with an answer. “Well I guess I’m grateful that I can walk.”( That didn’t work.);”I was born in America.” (Nope.);”I love today.”( Since that was a flat out lie it didn’t work.)
“What makes me happy?” Ah yes, family. BINGO!
I started envisioned my family being happy and healthy and well taken care of. I started to reminisce on past times together that were fun. My energy started to move in a positive direction and more and more positive thoughts and images came to me. By the time I got into the city and was at work I was smiling like a mad woman. Smiling and thus, attracting a whole heck of a lot more positive energy. I was able to go from a place of mis-creating to a place of bliss.
Here’s how you can do the same thing.
1. Be in a funk. This is half a joke but honestly, you won’t need this process if you’re already happy.
2. Acknowledge your funkiness. Accept that it is your present reality but don’t get drawn into its stories.
3. Make it your goal to attract positivity. Set that as your intention.
4. Think of something that has made you happy in the past. Maybe its music or a funny inside joke or even that time when you won that trophy. Whatever it is, get a clear picture of it in your mind. Relive that moment of joy. Totally surrender to it.
5. Allow the Law of Attraction to bring you more and more good feeling thoughts. This step is really important. When you allow the Universe to do its work you’re simply leaning in to the goodness. Don’t let any lingering negativity influence your positive thinking stream. Only allow good feelings and thoughts to wash over you and do not judge them, simply accept that they are there.
6. Accept your new reality. Now you’re back on track. You’ve summoned positivity and it will stay with you for as long as you are able to focus on it. Let positivity be your goal for that day. Cultivate it, spread it, simmer in it. It’s delicious!
We are not here to suffer. We are here to create ,to appreciate and dance in abundance, to love, to be happy. This is life! If you’re having a rough time with it just give this process a try. Heck, even if you’re reading this and in bed, its not too late, you can cultivate positivity and joy right now before you sleep. In fact, I highly recommend that you do so because when you wake up in the morning your energy picks up where it left off.
You want more happy, positive days? Do this every evening and any time you’re feeling funky.
Blessings and Love and Joy to You!!!!!